We need your help: Our lease on our rented Corktown HQ is coming to an end and we’re on the hunt for new digs. The building we’re in right now is up for sale by our landlord to make way for other things. Such is life.
We’ve called the wonderful neighborhood of Corktown home for almost five years. Before Corktown we called a giant old axle plant in Hamtramck home. And before that we got our start at a little building in little Ferndale. Since 2011 we’ve made lifelong friends in each spot that we’ll cherish forever.
But as anyone who has ever moved can attest: moving sucks. We’d prefer to do it as little as possible so we’re hoping to buy our next HQ for keeps. This is where you come in.
We’re hoping maybe you have a wonderful building you’d like to sell to us. Or you’ve got an aunt that’s been holding onto the perfect bus garage. We’ve checked the public listings out there and nothing quite fits our needs.
I’ve always been surprised in the past when we’ve reached out to our community to ask for help and guidance. After running our small bus company for almost 10 years (can you believe it!?) I’ve always had the best result when I ask our community directly.
We’re looking for:
- About 12,000 to 30,000 sq/ft of clean industrial space. Bigger is okay too.
- Must in Detroit, Highland Park, or Hamtramck.
- Parking for our 15 buses. Hopefully more.
- A land contract is nice, but we can also bring conventional financing.
We’re not looking for:
- Complete renovation jobs. We’re not afraid of putting in some elbow grease, but it’s gotta have a roof.
- Ridiculously overpriced buildings. We’re healthy, but we’re not rich.
- Environmental nightmares.
A little about us:
- We’re an L3C, which means we are a state-recognized social benefit company. People, planet, and then profit in that order.
- Our company created Ride for Ride in 2015. This means for every ride we sell we provide a free one to a Detroit kid in need.
- We own our buses outright. Zero debt.
- We pay our staff a thriving wage. Our minimum is $15/hour with healthcare.
- We always pay our bills on time.
If you have any good leads, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m excited to see what you come up with.
Thanks for your help.